A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Joint bank account

  • Lymm
  • Lymm's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Dec 14 #452262 by Lymm
Topic started by Lymm
My ex decide to take our bank account to near our overdraft limit. This month I put the bank charges money in as this is costing nearly a hundred pound a month and he has now used this for his Xmas shopping! The bank say I am as liable for the debt as he is but is there any way I can stop him doing this. I don''t want a bad credit rating but if I put money in he will take it.
I''m not working so finding the bank charges money is a struggle. He won''t talk to me eventhough he is the one that left and is with someone else.
Can anyone suggest anything I can do . Thank you

  • driven40
  • driven40's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Dec 14 #452267 by driven40
Reply from driven40
Yes you can contact the bank and ask the to stop any money going out unless it is authorised by both of you. Explain the situation and they should be able to do this

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11