A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Bankruptcy personal credit card debt

  • Kim29
  • Kim29's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 Aug 15 #466140 by Kim29
Topic started by Kim29
Please can someone help me from not getting screwed over by my estranged husband.

My personal circumstances, my husband and I had been together for 17 years married for 8 years and have a daughter with whom I have always am the primary carer. He pays £400 a month child support and has not contributed to the mortgage or any bills or maintenance for the last 4 years.

My husband and I have tentitively agreed that he should keep his business and that I will keep the marital home which currently has a mortgage of £230,000 with equity around the £175,000.

We have been separated for four years and have the decre Nisi with just the financial settlement now to complete.

We had originally agreed to bypass the financial disclosure form and simply complete a Consent Order. However, my husband has put on the consent order form that his company is In debt and that he has personal debt of approx £450,000. I don''t believe this information to be true but if this is the case I don''t see how a judge will allow him to offer me his share in the marital home.

I have looked at the financial state of his company and it transpires he has set up two companies one which is in profit of £20,0000 and the other which shows a debt of £500,000 both companies are Ltd. I would like to do a full credit check on him to see if in fact he does have the personal debt he has stated.

I will be requesting now that he completes a full financial disclosure, however I am positive he will not be honest and will delay in returning the form or returning it at all. How can I prevent this?

In the meantime my husband has cashed the endowment policy, around £60,000. Which I believe I should of been given half. Is there anyway I can reclaim my share of the endowment?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11