A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Dodgy debt

  • Behappyeveryone
  • Behappyeveryone's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
27 Dec 15 #471194 by Behappyeveryone
Topic started by Behappyeveryone
My ex husband was basically a drug dealer !

I divorced him because of this since I could not cope living on a knife edge waiting for the knock on door -please don''t judge me I should have run a mile but I was young and stupid

We divorced 6 years ago and we are in the process of sorting out the financials which is really only the FMH have which we jointly owned

I have received his form E and he is claiming that we owe £15,000 to a family member used to refurbish the property and to fund the deposit

This man is really dodgy and I know this so called £15,000 was actually his drug money purporting to a loan as a loan from a family member

Can anyone help me since I don''t know where I stand on this

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
27 Dec 15 #471196 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Any loan from a family member is likely to be treated as a ''soft'' loan ie not intended to be repaid. If it is to be counted, there would need to be some sort of loan agreement, a schedule of payments and evidence that repayments have been made/are expected.

If this isn''t a real loan at all, you can raise questions about it when you complete your questionnaire. I wouldn''t worry unduly.

Are there children involved? Are you still living in the FMH?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11