A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Financial Divorce Form

  • Buzzard
  • Buzzard's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
09 Mar 18 #500114 by Buzzard
Topic started by Buzzard
I am in the process of completing a Financial Divorce form. I have a lot of personal debt which is manageable, however I do not want my wife to know about this debt.

We have come to an amicable divorce agreement for which she is getting the lion's share however she is demanding a Financial Divorce form to be completed.

Can I lie on the form about my debt if doing so won't benefit me at all, in fact it will benefit her?

  • Visselly
  • Visselly's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 Mar 18 #500137 by Visselly
Reply from Visselly
One of the most unpleasant things about divorce is that your private life suddenly becomes under scrutiny - especially in relation to finances

Even if you have come to a financial agreement, then you would both need to set out a clear picture of your finances so that the judge could review it and deem whether or not it was fair to both parties.

So in short - you are going to have to complete a form at some point that will go before a court and therefore, I think the answer to your question is self-explanatory.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11