A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Unpaid consent order

  • Debbiecam
  • Debbiecam's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Nov 21 #518060 by Debbiecam
Topic started by Debbiecam
Hello, My ex and I agreed on the financial arrangements and the judge issued a Consent Order with 8% interest if payment was late. He should have given me a lump sum on 31.05.21. However at the last minute he filed a D11 asking for either, time to pay, pay in instalments or have the consent order squashed. The Judge explained that he had filed the wrong form, i did however say I would accept instalments, but ex wanted to pay a pathetic amount each month. So Judge said he needed to provide proof of current income etc. Which he partially did, however at the recent hearing the ex changed the game and said his now homeless, jobless and has just split with his partner and owes her lots of money. Judge explained that the consent order with me is still in force and he could not help him, as he didn’t apply to have the consent order set aside.
My question is should I complete a form to enforce the order, if so what form should that be? And the amount I’m claiming should i include the interest to date? And should i apply for further interest or would that automatically be applied as the original court order states 8% interest if lump sum not paid.
Thank you for any advice given

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11