A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need legal advice on a fair financial settlement?

We offer a consultation with experienced family solicitor for a low fixed fee. You will receive legal advice and a written report outlining your legal position and setting out what a fair settlement would look like based on your individual circumstances.

Do I have to give him savings?

  • stressedandsad
  • stressedandsad's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
06 Jan 08 #10070 by stressedandsad
Topic started by stressedandsad
I have only been married just over 2 years and there are no children. We have been unhappy for a shile but the fianl nail in the coffin was finding out he got wornings at work for his agressive behaviour which he was doing at home but told me i was making it up, he got fired! I them trusted he was trying to find a job whilst I was working full time but he was busy buying clothes and seeing god know who as his transvestite traits which he kept hidden came out - he racked up a £400 bill on dial up with all the transvestites he was talking to and possibly meeting. I want to buy him out of the house and I want to make sure that he does not get his grubby mitts on the savings I had before we got married which is a nice sum. It was nothing to do with him - he doesn't know about them and after the pain he has caused there is no way I want him to have any of it - does he have to ?

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Jan 08 #10097 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
As your marriage is a short one you should be able to keep what you brought into it, so I think your savings will be safe.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.