A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need legal advice on a fair financial settlement?

We offer a consultation with experienced family solicitor for a low fixed fee. You will receive legal advice and a written report outlining your legal position and setting out what a fair settlement would look like based on your individual circumstances.

Matrmonal home

  • Etana Clarke
  • Etana Clarke's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Apr 12 #326343 by Etana Clarke
Topic started by Etana Clarke
I owned the matrimonial home in my sole name before marrying my husband. We ere married for 10 years and he made not financial contribution and did not work. We had no kids together ( i have two adult children from a previous marriage), Wat will he be entitled to and will I have to sell my home?

I have to represent myself in court any tips or information

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Apr 12 #326402 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Well, you have no dependent children. The primary objective of a Court is to make sure both parties are housed appropriately.

So quite a lot may in practice depend on the resources available to your x2b. If he has a good income and assets then he may be able to find other accommodation without too much trouble.

Against this, I think I had better warn you that it is unusual for a spouse to be denied any interest at all in the FMH, where the marriage has been of a reasonable length. The short answer is that I do not know enough.

If you seek out a thread entitled " Housing options following separation " you will be referred to an article I wrote which you will hopefully find useful and you might care to read that as a start.


  • Etana Clarke
  • Etana Clarke's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 May 12 #327743 by Etana Clarke
Reply from Etana Clarke
Thank you so much for your response and the useful link. Hearing coming up soon.:(

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11