A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

split outcomes

  • confusedperson
  • confusedperson's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
31 Jul 12 #346430 by confusedperson
Reply from confusedperson
i was thinking he keep his properties and me mine, but after years of abuse and now him trying to dispose of assets i feel so angry. i also worry that the more "reasonable" i am the more he takes advantage. He genuinely feels entitled to his houses and half of anything i have!

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
31 Jul 12 #346490 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Unfortunately being angry can cost you a lot of money in court :(.

You really do need to try to keep emotions out of it - because if it gets into court, the judge won''t be interested. Conduct such as abuse is very, very rarely a factor in financial cases - although if he claims he no longer owns his properties and has deliberately signed them over to someone for nothing/very little this would be relevant.

You have three children. It is not an especially long marriage. He chooses not to work - a judge would expect him to.
You can try a voluntary exchange of financial information and an open offer along the lines I suggested - to save costs. But if he does not go for it, I cannot see you have anything to lose by going through the courts as fast as you can.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11