A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need legal advice on a fair financial settlement?

We offer a consultation with experienced family solicitor for a low fixed fee. You will receive legal advice and a written report outlining your legal position and setting out what a fair settlement would look like based on your individual circumstances.

any advice ?

  • bananamjan
  • bananamjan's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Nov 07 #6380 by bananamjan
Topic started by bananamjan
Can anyone help
Im about to start divorce proceedings
I was married for ten years and have one daughter who lives with my soon to be ex wife
they both live in the marital home my ex is refusing to move out as I have asked her to sell the house as I am in a lot of debt some of which occured whilst we were still together and the rest after we split up as for the first year I paid every thing and after that I have paid the mortgage
I currently live in my girlfriends parents house and in need of my own place but due to paying the debts and the mortage on the martial home I cant afford anything I dont know what else to do but try and sell the house Im going to see a solicitor soon but before I do where do u think i stand legally

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Nov 07 #6385 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
Legally you may not be able to sell the house as your daughter needs a roof over her head and that is given priority by the courts. If there is enough equity to buy two smaller properties then you may be able to force your wife to sell, but this is not always the case. If selling would make them homeless then a court may rule that you can't get any equity out of the house until your daughter is grown up.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11