A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Good morning..... i have a Legal Aid query

  • lulublossom
  • lulublossom's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Jul 12 #341856 by lulublossom
Topic started by lulublossom
My divorce from hell is finally over...i received my Decree Absolute in post on 9th June along with my birthday cards....how ironic! I received legal aid to help fund my divorce. The marital home had to be sold and monies were held with solicitor until FDR. I was awarded the funds from marital home. I currently have no home and am looking to now buy another house but need every penny awarded to enable me to do this. My solicitor are keeping back monies for legal aid but said i can apply to defer payment as i need everything to enable to get a new home. How do i go about this. Do i phone Legal Services commission myself? How long does this take to sort...I know i will have to pay interest on money owed but need this to purchase a new house otherwise cannot do. I agreed this at FDR or otherwise would not have settled? Any help would be much appreciated. jo

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Jul 12 #342696 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
there is a form which would normally be completed by your sollcitor and signed by you. I think it is part of the applciation to discharge the certificate. I sugegst you ask your solictior whether s/he is completing the form and if not, ask her to give you what you need.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.