A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Pay back

  • AwaitingDivorce
  • AwaitingDivorce's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
16 Sep 12 #356248 by AwaitingDivorce
Topic started by AwaitingDivorce
If you use legal aid - do you have to pay it back once you are awarding a sum from the divorce?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 Sep 12 #356282 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Its best to ask the LSC, they will tell you, often if you have full legal aid (not legal help) and you do receive a settlement then yes you pay it back, its called the statutory charge.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11