A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

legal aid question

  • pattyb
  • pattyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
4 years 11 months ago #463984 by pattyb
legal aid question was created by pattyb
Hello I hope someone can advise me. I have
had a terrible divorce and have very bad
solicitors. I have just signed a consent order that allows STBX to pay a lump sum over
6 months...the barrister said it would take
months to go back to court to see if i had a
legally binding agreement. I have heard nothing
from my sols for a month and in a letter
today the sol is saying that my legal aid is
not available if my STBX does not pay the
installments. I thought a consent order was
legally binding and if breached then the court costs would be against the person who
did not do what was required of them. If I have no legal aid and STBX does not pay (very
likely) how do I get the legal aid money back
for the legal aid board, if they do not fund me
to take the matter back to court. My sols have
basically told me to get lost and are extremely
rude and fail to tell me anything. Can anyone help me to understand the legal aid
position as I have been funded since 2007 when the divorce started and I do not know how I will recover the legal aid''s part of the bill if what the sol is saying is correct I still have an active legal aid
certificate. Should I talk directly with
legal aid and see what they havd to say.
I would appreciate any advice as to how I
would be able to deal with the likely breach of the consent order as STBX has NEVER complied with any documentation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11