A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Do I have to pay for my ex-hubby

  • Schindler
  • Schindler's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Feb 08 #12739 by Schindler
Topic started by Schindler
Left hubby a year ago - amicable split - both of us were in work - earning similar amounts. No property or assets to speak of. Our 17yr old son decided to go and live with Hubby, 15 yr old daughter lives with me. We agreed to do the "2 year separation by mutual consent". In the last year neither of us has paid a penny to the other in support.
Hubbys job has just come to an end (contract due to end). I have offered that if he needs to move to find work I am happy to have son live with me and obviously not take any money off him until he is earning again.

Can he apply to have me pay maintenance to him even though we are not divorced yet? I have trouble making ends meet as it is on my salary - and there is no way I could afford to pay for him as well. Help/advice please?

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Feb 08 #12741 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Theoretically yes practically No

If clearly you cannot pay no Crt will order this!!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.