A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Is it worth fighting for SM?

  • LuckyGal
  • LuckyGal's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 Feb 08 #14432 by LuckyGal
Reply from LuckyGal
Ideally this is what I would hope to achieve. I would like to do nursing or midwifery, but that isnt realistic for several reasons. Firstly, I would have to do an access course for a year first. Not impossible, but not particularly easy because I live about 40 minutes drive away from the nearest further education college. I could do this once my youngest was at secondary school. Secondly the actual training is about 3 years & involves shadowing a Nurse/Midwife through various shifts, which could be days or nights on a rota. I wouldnt consider leaving the children alone overnight so perhaps the whole idea is best shelved for the time being.

Realistically I may have to go into care work (which I dont dislike the idea of) & doing an NVQ as I work. Caring is not the highest of paid jobs, but with an NVQ I could get slightly above minimum in a job I would enjoy.

Also I could always move to a larger town with more job opportunities (work is scarce in this area as were quite rural, but I would prefer not to leave the area because of the childrens school) If I moved I could also rent out a room in my house once the children are older if I had to.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11