A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • bubbles60
  • bubbles60's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Feb 08 #15417 by bubbles60
Topic started by bubbles60
hi thanks for your reply
my daughter is currently sorting out the benifits that i may be able to get and yes i do get dla
at the moment my husband is giving me £100pw for food but he has told me that he is stopping that soon.
as his so called girlfriend dont want him to have anything to do with me.
i dont know what to do, this is all a big shock i thought my marriage was fine and then i find out he has been sleeping with my friend and then he moves in with her
but thankyou very much for the advice

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Feb 08 #15422 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
"I dont know what to do, this is all a big shock i thought my marriage was fine and then i find out he has been sleeping with my friend and then he moves in with her"

[Oh yes you do -hit him hard in the beeping pocket strewth...well if his g/f your ex friend doesn't want him to pay you...she can help him pay the maintenance and the costs.

Well he recognises your need at £100 PER WEEK so in law what is the legal precedent for stopping the payment ...oh yes his witch of a girlfriend doesn't like it...

Gee I must remember that to suggest that to the Court of Appeal [which is a forum that should be bottled and sold as a laxative!!] when I'm next there...not even attilla isn't THAT brave:)

Go for it girl..we'll all enjoy it ..

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.