A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

When SM is not being paid as per the order

  • justlost
  • justlost's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
24 Apr 15 #460358 by justlost
Reply from justlost
Hi I''m hoping you can help - have SM order but ex stopped paying in December. Wrote a letter warning him of action and applied to Money Claim in January - its now 4 month on and he has still not paid - defense is dont like her see no reason to be supporting her!

County court have just sent me Directions to register the debt in Magistrates Court that reads

"Upon the Court recording that the claim should be by way of an application for registration of a maintenance order under FRR 2010 rule 32:15"

"It is ordered that the claim be stayed to allow the appropriate process to be followed but shall be dismissed if not reinstated by 13th June 2015."

Does this mean I have to pay more money I dont have what will magistrates court do??

Should I just apply for Attachment of earnings order?

Help please lovely Wikki''s

just lost
The topic has been locked.
  • Gillian48
  • Gillian48's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Apr 15 #460359 by Gillian48
Reply from Gillian48
It would be easier if he''s employed to make an application for attachment of earnings and for the arrears to be paid.
There is a fee but you can request that this is added to the arrears.
I''ve sent you a message.
The topic has been locked.
  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Apr 15 #460361 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Whatever the method you still need to register the order with the Magistrates Court before it can be enforced.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11