A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • caron
  • caron's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Mar 12 #320122 by caron
Topic started by caron
My husband has just started paying maintenance again after a year of nothing...he didn''t have a job so just stopped. Hes now paying me £500 a month (£1100) short of wat he should be...I have my own home, my husbabd kept FH as I couldn''t afford to run it....he has since rented this out and refuses to sell to payback what he owes me in back payments...however know he''s going to keep renting FH home out as (Long term investment) and buy another smaller home....how can he affort to do this when he''s not even paying me what is due...surely he''s gettng paid more than what he''s letting on...
Many thanks

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Mar 12 #320245 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
is this spousal maintenace under a court order, or child support through the CSA?

If it is udner an order, you can apply to enforce the order and seek payment of the arrears (although he may make a cross-application to reduce the amoumt payable)

If it is child support then this does vary with the paying party''s income

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.