A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Maintenance Pending Suit - How is it paid?

  • blasted
  • blasted's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
16 Apr 12 #324289 by blasted
Topic started by blasted
I had final hearing last Thursday. Part of the Order the Judge made was for ex to pay maintenance pending suit of £900 per month backdated to 1 August 2011.

If he chooses to start paying this, how would it be paid?

I would point out that an order was made maintenance pending suit last July for the same amount to commence on 1 August. He has never paid this. He can choose to start paying it now, but anything he owes will be deducted from his share of the proceeds of sale on the FMH.

Thank you in advance.

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Apr 12 #324697 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
Did the order state how it would be paid? If not, there is no hard and fast ruel, I would recommend sending a letter to him / his solicitors asking for the money to be paid by standing order and providing the appropriate details of your bank account.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11