A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Failure to comply with consent order

  • DLC
  • DLC's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
17 Apr 12 #324493 by DLC
Topic started by DLC
I was divorced in December 2011 and have a Consent Order through the courts. Since the day the Absolute arrived he stopped all payments (mortgage and maintainance) I need to set up an enforcement order, the court told me I will need a solicitor, however there is no way I can afford this as all my money is swallowed up in an enormous mortgage.
Please can you advise how I can do this myself.

  • Emma8485
  • Emma8485's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Apr 12 #324502 by Emma8485
Reply from Emma8485
Hi it might be helpful if you could detail what your order says he will do?

take care

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11