A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form N316

  • Jjaz
  • Jjaz's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Apr 12 #326196 by Jjaz
Topic started by Jjaz
My ex is in arrears of maintenance payments by 3 months. I am thinking about making an application on form N317, as I don''t think he is telling the truth about his finances. However he is also made an application to vary the maintenance order. Is it still worth me proceeding with form N317 or should I just rely on the information given in the form E which he presumably will be submitting (although I suspect that he will lie on this form, which is what he did on the original e-form).

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Apr 12 #326242 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Why pay an extra Court fee? Unfortunately you''re now back to the routine of questionnaires, schedules of deficiencies and so forth. I''d just stick with his form E and work from there. N317 won''t give you any extra help here.

  • Jjaz
  • Jjaz's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Apr 12 #326252 by Jjaz
Reply from Jjaz
Ok thanks

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.