A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Maintenance for tertiary education

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Apr 12 #326539 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
From what I have read tertiary education refers to any ''''voluntary'''' educations that takes place after secondary school, this can include further and higher education!

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Apr 12 #326548 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
My understanding is tertiary education means third level, following primary and secondary education levels. For some strange reason in the UK that includes specialized further education colleges that run courses progressing to higher education alongside vocational courses, as well as higher education.

  • Carrie Paechter
  • Carrie Paechter's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
25 Apr 12 #326579 by Carrie Paechter
Reply from Carrie Paechter
Fiona is correct. Tertiary colleges are a bit of an anomaly. Usually universities are referred to as ''tertiary education''.

Presumably if he is refusing to pay while she is at university you can return to court for enforcement if it is written into your Order. Whether the court will support you beyond the first degree is a moot point but she should at least get it until the end of that time.

Best wishes,

  • Soozy2
  • Soozy2's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Apr 12 #326866 by Soozy2
Reply from Soozy2
Thank you for the advice. I have spoken to a couple of legal people as one can get a free half hour and they advise that I have a good case so we shall see. thank you very much for responding so promptly

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11