A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • hapus
  • hapus's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Apr 12 #326700 by hapus
Topic started by hapus
just a quick question...if my husband is paying for half our mortgage is he still eligible to pay me maintenence for our 3 children?
thanks x

  • ditchedagain11
  • ditchedagain11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Apr 12 #326703 by ditchedagain11
Reply from ditchedagain11

CSA maintenance for the children is always a requirement under UK family law until they are 19 or out of FT education whichever is sooner. It does not matter what agreement is in place surrounding the FMH he must still pay CSA.

Kind Regards


sorry guess i was wrong on that one then

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Apr 12 #326704 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
It''s swings and roundabouts. He has a CM liability, but if you are enjoying sole use of the former matrimonial home it it could be said you should pay your share of the mortgage and his share for occupying his share of the home. If that leaves you struggling financially and he has the ability to help out once he has met his own living costs he may need to help you out with the mortgage.

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
26 Apr 12 #326707 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Mortgage payments can be made in lieu of CM.

Be aware that if you go to the CSA for CM, he may stop paying his half of the mortgage. As Fiona says if you are the one occupying the family home, then he could argue you pay all the mortgage as you are enjoying the sole benefit.

Do the calculations and see if keeping it this way he is contributing the correct amount.



  • hapus
  • hapus's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Apr 12 #326743 by hapus
Reply from hapus
as always, really helpful advice, thank you

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.