A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Is There Any Way I Can Enforce Child Maintenance?

  • BoysMum
  • BoysMum's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Apr 12 #327409 by BoysMum
Topic started by BoysMum

I would be grateful for any help.

I am separated although never married. Me and my ex have 2 children together. He was previously living abroad and never helped to financially support the children.

On his return to the UK in Aug 2011 - I contacted the CSA. They tracked him down, and he would not comply with them. As a result, they put a Default Maintenance Assessment in place. He refused to pay.

The CSA have applied for a Liability Order which is this Thursday 3rd May 2012. As a result, my ex has now moved back to Spain to avoid paying.

Is there any way I can have the Liability Order Enforced abroad?

Many thanks in advance.

  • mumtoboys
  • mumtoboys's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Apr 12 #327425 by mumtoboys
Reply from mumtoboys
you need to google REMO....long haul, I suspect, but as it''s an EU country, you should have a positive outcome eventually.

  • BoysMum
  • BoysMum's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Apr 12 #327448 by BoysMum
Reply from BoysMum

thanks for that. I have just called the courts and it seems quite straight forward. The bonus being, there is no fee to pay either!! They are sending the forms out to me today, so I will keep you updated.

Thanks for the help.xx

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11