I am very stressed and going through difficult time now because of this issue. recap of the story in brief is as follows:
* we got married in 2008 in Egypt.
* we started living in the uk since Feb 2009 till separation Nov 2011. She has been in the uk for more than 12 years.
* she was paying the rent in full between Feb 2009 till Apr 2010 as I was unemployed. the rent costed the same amount before we marry and after I moved in. In theory, she would be paying the same.
* since May 2010 till separation, Nov 2011, I was paying fifty ffty.
* she submitted the Petition in Dec 2011, I responded and she swore the affidavit.
* the court sent a letter stating 14 May to announce a date for the decree (nisi I believe). the court said that I don''t have to attend unless I oppose the order of cost or want to defend the divorce.
Now, ex has made a calculation of all the money she spent on me putting the cost at around £5000 and she wants at least £500 before 13 May. she said she will call the police, apply to the court and ask for interest as well.
My question is:
can she really do this? will the police or court order me to pay her false calculation (real calculation is around £2000)?
when two people marry, should they help each others?
she is earning double my salary and many people asked me to apply for maintenance or so but I don''t her money and I want to pay her the correct money in installments, not the way she wants.