A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Rumplestiltsk1n
  • Rumplestiltsk1n's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 May 12 #331926 by Rumplestiltsk1n
Topic started by Rumplestiltsk1n
I have two children with my ex, one is 10 and one who is registered disabled, who is 11. In August last year I was fortunate eneough to gain shared residence through court.
I have my children live with me for 47% of the year. My ex lives in a 3 bed council house rent and ctax of £120pw, gets both CB''s, all tax credits, high rate DLA and high rate mobility totalling £335 per week. Her part time wages for 23 hours pw are net £320 therefore a total of £655 per week. My income is net £238 per week, rent and council tax is £195 per week for a one bed flat, leaving me £43 a week to live off. Out of this money I have to pay all my utilities, fuel to transport them to school and buy food. I have asked her for financial help but she refuses to offer any money for me to support the children when they live with me. I have pointed out to her that the money she receives is the childrens money and not hers but to no avail. Fair? I don''t think so!!

  • abrandnewstart
  • abrandnewstart's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
21 May 12 #331970 by abrandnewstart
Reply from abrandnewstart
If your ex is recieving high rate DLA then transporting your disabled son will be of no cost (or taken into account before she recieves the DLA payment) Also if you are paying for your children through the CSA they take into account all costs for transport etc during their calculations. Get this info checked though and good luck.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11