A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

He is doing it again!

  • NoWhereToTurnl
  • NoWhereToTurnl's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Jun 12 #335646 by NoWhereToTurnl
Topic started by NoWhereToTurnl
Hi everyone, just need a rant, so frustrated and fed up.

My ex stopped paying joint lives SM, he then applied to court for variation ( he wants it dismissed) but had not factored in that he would have to complete form E again!

He lied throughout our divorce, had hid assets and made everything as difficult as possible. We received his documents at 5pm the day before the final hearing, 46 faxed pages.

He denied cohabiting with OW and the day after the hearing it came to light that they had jointly purchased a new home 7 months before we were divorced. He is still with her and they live a very luxurious life with 6 holidays abroad per year.

We were married for 35 yrs and I am 60yrs old living off a small pension & SM. Since he has stopped paying I have struggled to pay my mortgage and feed my animals.

It is now less than 2 weeks to our court hearing, my Form E went to court the day before it was due, he has not provided anything and no response to any correspondence. Its as though I have stepped back in time and all the old wounds opened up again.

I know they are doing this for maximum effect and want me to end up with my home being repossessed. The OW told me " We will destroy you" and thats obviously the plan.

so :(and fed up x

  • fairylandtime
  • fairylandtime's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Jun 12 #335674 by fairylandtime
Reply from fairylandtime
I honestly cannot understand the ow - what has it got to do with her for one. & tbh is (her) their life so unfulfilled together that they have to focus all efforts on "destroying" you.

How sad.

It does open up all wonds it''s as if it never ends, all I would say is hang on in there, small steps & keep going. You are so strong that you have got this far & you know you are in the right, what goes round comes round & you will be blue to sit back & watch that when it happens (not a help now I know)

It will all come out in court, remember to ask for the repayment of your costs ( I forgot in the mess of it all - wont forget next time!)

Good luck & keep on plugging on (((hugs))) JJx

  • yellowrose
  • yellowrose's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 Jun 12 #335758 by yellowrose
Reply from yellowrose
I feel so sad for you.

What I don''t understand is how these people ''get away'' with this behaviour. Everything you read says you have to have the same life style and yet so many people seem to end up at polar opposites financially. This is one of the things that scares me to death.

Can one of the lawyers on here advise how to avoid this?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.