A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Amanda24
  • Amanda24's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Jul 12 #344579 by Amanda24
Topic started by Amanda24
If I obtain an agreement whereby my ex will pay me maintenance after the children have finished school will I be able to enforce this? What happens if he stops payments, even if there is a court order in place?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
21 Jul 12 #344584 by dukey
Reply from dukey
All court orders can be enforced in a multitude of ways, attachment of earnings is probably the most common,third partie debt orders, secured provision orders, judgement summons, you get the idea, if the court order it, it will be paid, there are a few outs that I would never post but they are rare and only occur in certain circumstances.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11