A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help needed to get fianciall details from ex,

  • Jen2011
  • Jen2011's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Aug 12 #351152 by Jen2011
Topic started by Jen2011
Has anyone come across a situation whereby they have seen a alimony agreement put in place that has monthly money halfed but with a future percentage of ex''s bonus to be also paid. I cant afford a lawyer at present, and have complete confidence that my ex will lie again about his income, and attempt to hide the extra income in equity in his partnership, or pension contributions etc. County Court said beyond there power to interveen,i am planning to register Order with Mag Court as first step, can anyone advise if what other options are open to me, thanks :)

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Aug 12 #351241 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
I have seen agreements and orders like this. They do need detailed provisions requiring him to disclose various documents and you need to give serious thought to how he could try to divert bonuses and what documents would flush this out. I would think that the magistrates would be fine for a determinate order but I''m not so sure about an order which would vary year on year.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.