A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Current financial outgoings query

  • esox11
  • esox11's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Aug 12 #352558 by esox11
Topic started by esox11
I have a form to fill in detailing my financial outgoings to pass to my sol... for presentation with the eform Eventually. My situation at present is temporary in that i am living as a guest of my mother in a property we share ownership in. So no mortgage / rent to pay at present. However in the near future i am to start paying her rent. As i own half of the property in question with her this will be at a reduced 50% rate.
Do i fill the form out detailing what i am currently paying as in nothing or 50% of the rentable rate is of the site?
Do i have to prove these outgoings? As they are as yet unpaid that wont be easy!
I have been renovating the property and paying for that in lieu of rent to my mother to date from my own funds / wage /savings.


  • esox11
  • esox11's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Aug 12 #352804 by esox11
Reply from esox11

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 Aug 12 #352809 by dukey
Reply from dukey
There are two parts to the form .

Current income needs; you pay no rent right now.

Future income needs; what rent you will pay.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.