A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Lump sum payment to respondent living abroad

  • jerrycan2
  • jerrycan2's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Sep 12 #357582 by jerrycan2
Topic started by jerrycan2
I was divorced in 1998. My ex was ordered to pay me a lump sum on 1 Jan 2012. I live in France; is there a problem with this payment for me because I no longer reside in UK?

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Sep 12 #358182 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
no, you can still apply back to court to enforce the order, if the payment hasn''t been made.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11