A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Divorce Maintenance Insurance

  • mandypat
  • mandypat's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Sep 12 #358081 by mandypat
Topic started by mandypat

A couple of years ago I saw an advert to take out specialist insurance on maintenance payments.

However, each link I find is no longer live. I work in financial services and know about ordinary life and critical illness insurance but am trying to find specialist maintenance payment insurance - does anyone know if this still exists or can provide a contact.


  • Serendipity100
  • Serendipity100's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 Sep 12 #358246 by Serendipity100
Reply from Serendipity100
yes, I know what you refer to - do contacts not come up with a google search? Pretty sure such a thing does exist though, sorry can''t be any more help! :unsure:

  • IronKnight
  • IronKnight's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 May 13 #392871 by IronKnight
Reply from IronKnight
Did you find anything? I''m looking for the same thing...

  • mandypat
  • mandypat's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 May 13 #392872 by mandypat
Reply from mandypat
Unfortunately not specific. I did get some term assurance quotes onmy ex but that would mean him completing the form & attending a medical....even tho I would pay the premiums, that would be too much like him being helpful and ensuring our children are ffinancially looked after.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.