A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

child support in Ontario Canada REMO

  • scorpio62
  • scorpio62's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
03 Oct 20 #514326 by scorpio62
Topic started by scorpio62
Hello and looking for some support re enforcement of child support ordered in UK and ex has stopped paying over a year ago - have send all up to date court papers to REMO office and even asked local MP to intervene which he did and answer very clear that UK side doing all they can but up to Canada to endorse? An anyone help re what else I can do? What’s the point in these reciprocal international agreements if they not even acknowledged? Is there anyone else I can contact? Thought Canada was a country with strict adherence to child maintenance? Last option is for me to contact a family lawyer in Ontario to send my ex a nice letter advising him he is breaking a court order ? Anyone know of anyone as I am in UK and clueless about this ? Thanks so much in advance

  • TaketheFlot
  • TaketheFlot's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
22 Jan 21 #515466 by TaketheFlot
Reply from TaketheFlot
Get a lawyer in Canada to enforce the order. Don't go via remo they can do assessment of the amount they have to pay.
Get a lawyer and inform your ex that they will be paying your costs of also taking legal action.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11