A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • bournend41
  • bournend41's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Mar 08 #17318 by bournend41
Topic started by bournend41
divorced aprox 6 yrs ago.husband was in raf for 22 yrs of our marrage,on leaving the raf after serving the 22 yrs he recieved a lump sum in which i recieved 10,000 pound on the understanding i wouldnt interfere with his pension,i was made to sign a written (unwitnessed) agreement.realising this was a mistake,i spoke to a number of people who made me aware i was intitled to alot more.im in need of advice, was this a leagaly binding document in which i signed,this was only a piece of paper written up between our selves.help please.

  • TMax
  • TMax's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Mar 08 #17328 by TMax
Reply from TMax
did you go to court for the FH in which the fincial side of things were sorted out, the judge would of asked if you were happy with the settlement. You were short changed that is for sure but wether it would be financial viable to go back to court youd have to check, the document you signed who wrote it, and who holds it. if the judge didnt see the document it isnt worth what its written on, youl have to get a sol who can deal with pensions.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.