A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Pension Sharing Order

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
04 Apr 12 #321541 by dukey
Reply from dukey
This is one that needs to go before a judge, if you have a Clean Break order and its your ex who failed to implement the PSO she may end up being very disappointing indeed.

Given what has happened an hour with a solicitor may be money well spent.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Apr 12 #321544 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
It may be the case that the wife''s solicitor has been negligent or that the wife acted against advice to implement the terms of the order within a certain period.

There may also be an issue in relation to whether the court will consider the wife''s application as she is attempting to choose a different asset based on value.

This would be like buying an antique as an investment only to discover that it lost value over a ten year period then going back to the antique dealer to swap the item for your second choice which had actually increased in value.

I may be reading it wrong as the information posted is limited but I am sure a solicitor will point you in the right direction.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11