A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Pension share after Decree Absolute

  • Diddywinks
  • Diddywinks's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
17 Apr 12 #324521 by Diddywinks
Topic started by Diddywinks
Our Decree Absolute was obtained 18 months ago, but we are now on the court teadmill sorting out finances. My guestion:
Is the pension sharing order calculated on the value of pension on date of decree absolute or will she have a claim on my full pension as it stands today?
Many thanks to anyone that can help.

  • ian conlon actuary
  • ian conlon actuary's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Apr 12 #324524 by ian conlon actuary
Reply from ian conlon actuary
It will be calculated at some point in the future, however, you do have a case to argue that it should be a lower percentage of your pension benefits now to refelect the intended split at point of divorce.

  • Diddywinks
  • Diddywinks's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
17 Apr 12 #324525 by Diddywinks
Reply from Diddywinks
Thanks Ian.
I was under the impression that money would be transfered out of my fund and paid into hers so that our ''pots'' were of the same value.
She stopped paying into hers over 3 years ago when we seperated, so it is my concern that they will use my CETV as it stands today rather than the value at decree Absolute.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.