A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Non Payment of Pension Sharing Costs

  • TimBurr
  • TimBurr's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 May 12 #332601 by TimBurr
Topic started by TimBurr

My partner has was awarded a pension share 25-75% and costs awarded to the same proportion in Sept 2011. Upon recipt of the split cost request from the pension company she paid he amount however her ex is not paying his costs. We have written to his solictor and he says that he has forwarded the letter on but had no responce and basically cant do anything about it. Where do we go from here? I am writing to the solictor once again to say we belive he is in contempt of court by not complying and will also inform the court that he has not paid yet but what would the next step be, do we have to apply to the court to hold him in contempt? etc.

Many thanks in advance!

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 May 12 #332641 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
The important thing is to implement the order. Personally, I would pay the difference, get the order and issue a civil claim for payment of the monies pursuant to the order. There is no defence to this as the court ordered it.

Of course, if the ex is still paying into the pension, your partner should benefit from the additional contributions and the delay in implementation. It might be worth raising this in a letter to see if the ex reconsiders his position.


  • TimBurr
  • TimBurr's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 May 12 #332655 by TimBurr
Reply from TimBurr
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. His costs come to around £1700, and having taken other non paying people through the civil court and the amount of time and hassel I encountered in trying to get money repaid I am very reluctant to pay. The scheam is final salary and he is no longer making any contributions towards it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.