A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Why do courts need CETV of my pension

  • hsp73
  • hsp73's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Jun 12 #335583 by hsp73
Topic started by hsp73
Currently going through divorce and i have some paperwork to fill in which asks for the CETV of my pension. I have obtained the information but would like to knwo why its needed? Also is my soon to be ex entitled to any of my pension? He got the house, and the children live with me 6 days out of 7.

Thanks in advance

  • Lostboy67
  • Lostboy67's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
07 Jun 12 #335585 by Lostboy67
Reply from Lostboy67
Welcome to wiki but sorry you find yourself here.
The simple answer is that the court need a complete picture of your respective financial positions to assess if the settlement falls within the spectrum of what is fair. It doesn''t neccessarily mean a claim against those pensions is on the cards.


  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Jun 12 #335589 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
Why did he get the house if you have the children?

Best wishes,

  • cooper121
  • cooper121's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
11 Jun 12 #336064 by cooper121
Reply from cooper121
Hi Fresh Boarder
Yes, your ex could get a share of your pension. It is called pension sharing . Ex may use it to offset value of other assets, in short, you keep your pension I''ll keep the car, money etc, or get a share of your pension as well.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11