A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Need a pension to transfer in ex spouse pension

  • Claudia22
  • Claudia22's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Jun 12 #337436 by Claudia22
Topic started by Claudia22
Hi any help appreciated, I have done some internet searching and am confused!
We agreed that my ex who has two pensions will give 100% of the smaller one to me.
His scheme will not transfer it to my name, but want it to be transferred out. My employee scheme will not accept transfer ins!
So I need a new scheme, just to transfer the pension in to, not to keep on paying in to.
I have no idea where to start or which companies would offer this type of product... has anyone done this?
Thanks so much in advance for any pointers

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jun 12 #337463 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
You really need advice from an Independent Financial Adviser with experience of pensions on divorce. Resolution, the family lawyers organisation, now has a list of IFAs I believe and you may find one local to you on their database.

  • The Divorce IFA
  • The Divorce IFA's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Jun 12 #337754 by The Divorce IFA
Reply from The Divorce IFA

I agree with Fiona (I would!)

If you want to contact me by DM I will point you in the right direction. As a Resolution Accredited IFA I can point you in the direction of the one nearest you. I also know which ones are good!



Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.