A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Armed Forces Pension Sharing

  • Patra
  • Patra's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Aug 12 #350436 by Patra
Topic started by Patra
Many years after our divorce my husband has re-married and his new wife is badgering him to stop my pension share. Can he do this? I thought a pension sharing order made by the court at the divorce hearing was final!

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
19 Aug 12 #350438 by dukey
Reply from dukey
When a pension is shared it is cut in two, you get one bit he keeps the other.

It can`t be changed after the fact so don`t worry.

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Aug 12 #350460 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos
If a pension share was ordered has it actually been actioned? You should hold the paperwork and it should now be your name.

  • The Divorce IFA
  • The Divorce IFA's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Aug 12 #350707 by The Divorce IFA
Reply from The Divorce IFA
I agree.

If you have a pension credit received from a pension sharing order then this is your pension in your name and under your control.

There is no ability for them to stop the payments.



Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.