A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How to amend a pension sharing annex?

  • LinzW
  • LinzW's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
02 Oct 12 #358884 by LinzW
Topic started by LinzW
My ex and myself agreed a pension share to be awarded to me. My ex has 2 pensions and the % was to be from one of them. I filled out the annex for the Consent Order but I put the wrong pension number on the annex. (Both his pensions are with the same company). He and the judge checked and signed the annex, but it is incorrect. As a result my pension share is a % of a smaller pension and therefore unacceptable. My ex (helpful as ever) has said that it is tough. Do I need to address this issue with the court for a new pension sharing annex?


  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Oct 12 #358888 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
Yes. If he acknowledges that there was a mistake then you could make a joint request to mend the order. As it is start by writing to the court to say that there is an error, enclosing an amended version of the annex (amend in balck, ubnline the amendment in red) cc the letter to your ex.

Do you have any open (i.e. not marked ''without prejudice'') correspondence confiing the correct details?

  • LinzW
  • LinzW's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
02 Oct 12 #358908 by LinzW
Reply from LinzW
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have the emails from which we reached our settlement. Plus the consent order refers to a pso from his current employer and the pension on the annex is his previous employer. Many thanks Linz

  • 7yellowflowers
  • 7yellowflowers's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Feb 21 #515900 by 7yellowflowers
Reply from 7yellowflowers
Hi - I have a situation where the original pension sharing annex had the correct details but due to negligence it never got implemented. I have been trying to do it and now the pension companies say the plan names have changed since then and they want an amended pension sharing order. its been pending since 2016!
I struggled to find any help so prepared a new one with the correct details and have sent it to the original court that issued it in Bromley. they have not acknowledged it or responded to it. my case started at the CFC in London - but the hearing was held in Bromley. what do i need to do as i need to get it transferred immediately. Also one of the providers is refusing to take their costs from the proceeds prior to transfer. How can i insist that they do? Ex has been difficult and not done anything to arrange the transfer.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.