A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Forces Pension share when/if he remarries?

  • honeybeeee
  • honeybeeee's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
08 Oct 12 #359770 by honeybeeee
Topic started by honeybeeee
Is it true that on him remarrying my share of 50% of his Forces Pnsion Payment is STOPPED,because she will be entitled to it?

Is it correct that, as he wants the D. I''m suppose to foot the bill????

I have been told that not only am I entitled to 50% of Pension, but that I am also possibly entitled to a lump payout as well. Is this correct?

Also, that before & for a short while after we married I was in the Queen Alexandra Royal Army Nursing Corp & must have been paying into a Forces Pesion Plan myself.

A good few years back I did try to find out, BUT kept hitting brick walls & got nowhere.....

If I contact F.P.people quoting National Insurance No. they should be able to tell me.Mind you it was 30yrs ago now. I was a 20 something, & never gave such things any thought!!!!

Again is this correct???

So much to worry about/think about!!!!

I gave up my nursing career. (Stupidly on hindsight now)

I have basically only worked P/T all my married life (both of us in agreement)in order to bring up our children, and for him to move up the Ranks.....

I only on Min. Wage.
Him excellent Salary & still only 55yr.

Learnt the other day that, unfortunately the job I had has been forced to lay me off...

Hubby not a very happy teddy about that.....

Would really appreciate any help/advise I can get as I need to sign Sol. Doc. agreeing to my Sol. representing me.
Incidently, she has been great so far.As far as I can see that is.
I feel she is really on my side...

Many thanks

  • ian conlon actuary
  • ian conlon actuary's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Oct 12 #359780 by ian conlon actuary
Reply from ian conlon actuary
1) If your husband dies, you are entitled to a spouse''s pension. Once you are divorced, if he then dies, you are not entitled to a spouse''s pension.
2) If you get a pension sharing Order as a measn of sharing the value of the pension then you will get a pension from age 60, although you may draw the pension at a reduced rate from age 55. If the pension share is implemented before your husband retires then you will also receive a cash sum from a Pension Share.

  • asram
  • asram's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Oct 12 #359781 by asram
Reply from asram

Please see the attached document which should help you with some queries regarding Pension Sharing. I have a feeling you may have previously said that your husband was now out of the Army but the booklet also has information on Pensions in Payment.

I have a small Army pension and this was taken into account in the Pension Sharing. I will have a CETV valuation so will check later where I received that from but I suspect it was SPVA Glasgow, the address for SPVA is also on the leaflet.



  • asram
  • asram's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Oct 12 #359891 by asram
Reply from asram
Hello again

I''ve checked and I received a CETV for my Military Pension from SPVA.

I would write to them quoting length of service, from and to, regimental number and surname/s whilst you were serving.

I believe you had to serve a certain amount of time to qualify for a pension but even if the result is they write back stating that you didn''t qualify you would still need to produce that.

Hope this helps


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11