A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

entitled to enter former home?

  • hardunbi
  • hardunbi's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Jan 08 #11826 by hardunbi
Topic started by hardunbi
just wondered how I stand on being able legally to enter my former home -yes i'm co mortgagee x2b is there with our 2 kids :(

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Jan 08 #11838 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
You can come and go as you please providing no court orders against you doing so

How long since left could make a difference in court

  • IKNOWNOW's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
25 Jan 08 #11864 by IKNOWNOW
Reply from IKNOWNOW
Don't know your story, which may have a bearing on things but on the whole you are allowed to come and go as you please as it is still your house.

Saying that, your x2b and children still live there and as such is their home. They need to feel that they are safe and secure in their home.

Without knowing a bit of background it is hard to pass comment. How would you feel if your x2b could let themselves into where you are now living and have a nose around when ever they felt like it?

You don't say why you want to return to the house. If it is to collect belongings it would be common courtesy to just phone and say you are coming to collect some belongings. Trying to remain amicable in all this is the way to go if at all possible.

Depending on how old your children are, I also think it may be confusing for them if you come and go as and when as they may not understand what you are doing. They need to understand that you don't live there anymore.

I hope my comments have given you food for thought.

Regards, Sarah

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.