A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

am living with my partner and she want out

  • d buttigieg
  • d buttigieg's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Jan 08 #12218 by d buttigieg
Topic started by d buttigieg
been with her for three years .i had a job that made me good money so i wanted to buy a house to do up .inbetween looking and getting she had a payout from her ex for 16000 i had 10000 she said we wood go half each on the deposit and she wood help where she could in the house its two years on .when it came down to it she spent her money and i had to pay the deposit.i have payed the morgage and spent about 15000 or more on fixing the house .i have done most of the work myself. but its not finnished yet still needs about 500 spending on it to finnish.now she wants out and half of the equaty can she take half it meens i will have no where to live and i dont make the money i did .how do i stand please help

  • TMax
  • TMax's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Jan 08 #12229 by TMax
Reply from TMax
Im not sure on how things stand at the moment with the changes in law on cohabiting, but going from what my nice went through all she got was £4000 and this was from a house that was fairly new and worth 120 it cost her just as much to take it to court near on, any reason she wants out? If she has left then I would make her an afforadble offer if refused then let her take the court action. if she goes through a soliciter they will of course be bullying but dont be phased by it, take you time and come back to ask question there is nearly always some here that can give you help some how, First though go to CAB and see if they have got the latest on cohabiting, I would advise you go early as it get very crowded mine opens at 10-12 and is packed by 11 all interviews run through after the doors close, so find out your opening hours and get there before the doors open.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.