A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Consent Order

  • Nikki
  • Nikki's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 Jan 08 #12318 by Nikki
Topic started by Nikki
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and wondered if someone could advise me on procedural matters for a Consent Order. All our assets including house and cars have been divided between us and we are both happy with what we have we just want to state to the courts that we dont want each others pensions or should I be lucky enough to win the lottery then my husband doesnt have a claim on it. What form do i need to submit first to the court and then any subsequent forms, also what wording should I use. We have done the divorce ourselves as it was very straightforward and we now have our Decree Absolute.
Thanks in advance for your help


  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Jan 08 #12320 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
You can draw up an agreement between yourselves stating that neither wants any claim(s) against the other now or in the future.

You will need to complete 3 copies of form D81 - statement of information for a consent order - this just tells the court of your current brief financial status and if you intend to cohabit or remarry.

You will need to ask the court to rubber stamp your agreement and providing all is in order a District Judge will do just that.

Link to the official court copy consent order:-


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.