A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Charge on a property. Question for Josh

  • twinks
  • twinks's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 Feb 08 #13414 by twinks
Topic started by twinks
Have got the HR1 Form from the Land Reistry to put a charge on a property, but confused on one part....

Has an order been made under section 33(5) of the Family Law Act 1996? I answered yes for this, but then it says, that it wants a copy of the order.

Should I have answered yes to question 9 instead?

Help, Pretty please :kiss:

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Feb 08 #13454 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
You can only register a home rights charge in respect of marriage or civil partnership against one property so:

(1) If you already have a home rights charge on another property you would answer yes to question 9....NOTE if you do have a home rights against another property then you will have to give that one up..........

If you have not already made a home rights charge on this or any other property then answer no to question 9

(2) Question 10 is only asking if a court order has already been made, if not answer no, if you have a court order then answer yes and accompany the HR1 with a copy of the order.

Hope this helps

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.