A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

getting worried now

  • bb3
  • bb3's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Feb 08 #14365 by bb3
Topic started by bb3

  • ariesgirl63
  • ariesgirl63's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
22 Feb 08 #14733 by ariesgirl63
Reply from ariesgirl63
Apply for an interim maintenance order a.s.a.p. If he can't pay now then you could and should get a bigger % of the equity in the house sale (especially as you are PWC). Others on here may be able to tell more on how to go about this as I have no personal experience. Good Luck

  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
22 Feb 08 #14736 by Elle
Reply from Elle
Ask to have your legal aid reviewed.....you are part time......did you disclose all your outgoings....transport expenses, clothing for kids etc.....the legal aid board have been known to make mistakes, clients have often not been directed as to what to put on the application....I was one and after a review....was granted legal aid.

  • bb3
  • bb3's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Feb 08 #14754 by bb3
Reply from bb3
who do i apply to for interim maintenence? any ideas, i did reapply for legal aid a few times, they only took my rent and childcare into consideration, i put loads of stuff on there but they didnt want to know.
ps thanks so much for replies

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.