A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How can I prove that she is living there?

  • madaboutcars
  • madaboutcars's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Feb 08 #15009 by madaboutcars
Topic started by madaboutcars
My x2b and i have recently had a conversation where she has stated that she does not own the property that her and her partner brought in March 07.
I have proof that she does (copy of the land registry, obtained on web)
I have also rung the Electrol department at the council but they told me that no-one is registered at that property- it was vacant before x2b brought it.

I believe that stupidly she will state that she lives at the property but does not own it when filling in form E.

Is the land registry enough to prove that she is lying?

  • Louise11
  • Louise11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Feb 08 #15014 by Louise11
Reply from Louise11
Hi Madaboutcars!

Definately! Its the best proof you have and another thing if she states she doesnt live there then whats stopping you saying to the Judge (when you show them your evidence) oh so you must be renting it out then. More undeclared income!
Once she is asked the question, its an answer she will stumble on,(only if shes not prepared with an answer) but would show a Judge not to believe everything thats written on the form E. One thing........does your sx2b know you have this proof from land registery? If not then keep it under your hat to bring up in front of the Judge and if she does she will be a very daft woman to say she doesn't!
Also I doubt whether a council will tell you much about who lives at a house, try 192.com and see if it comes up with anything. It will have to say somewhere who is paying the council tax on it! You cant just leave a house empty these days and pay nothing.
Kind Ones

  • JulesW
  • JulesW's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
05 Mar 08 #15834 by JulesW
Reply from JulesW
It is worth visiting the council offices and seeing the electoral role. Anyone can visit the main office and see them but not sure if you can copy the information except by hand.
Could also be worth asking in front of jusge where she is registered as living since ppl must do that, I believe?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.