A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Proof of living at address

  • joestars
  • joestars's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Mar 08 #15601 by joestars
Topic started by joestars

A friend of mine divorced a couple of years ago. He left the house to her and he sees the kids every other w'end. The deal was for him to receive £20k plus interest when she moved house, kids reached 18 or when someone moved in with her for a period of more than 6 months. The latter has just occurred and I know full well that she will try everything under the sun to prevent giving the money.

My friend is reluctant to go to his solicitor due to the stress it may cause but I was wondering how easy would it be to prove that a person is now living at an address? She, no doubt, would be reluctant to admit this in response to a letter.

Many thanks

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Mar 08 #15753 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
You simply have to collect enough evidence to convince the court.


Evidence of him paying any of the bills or mortgage.

Does he get mail delivered their? from who? did he change his address at his bank? Where do his employers think he lives?
Has he changed doctors?

If you find it hard to get paper evidence then you can resort to a private detective. Who will basically wait outside the house and take pics of the guy arriving and leaving.

Its all very practical stuff.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11