A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • bluegirl60
  • bluegirl60's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
04 Mar 08 #15700 by bluegirl60
Topic started by bluegirl60
Hi 10 years ago i stbx and i seperatd not legally i bought a house in my name stbx and i got back together after 1 year he moved in with me he bought a flat in his name i lent him 5,000 for deposit he rents out this flat and he gets the rent money he carried on living with me not paying a penny towards morgage bills etc as he said the flat he bought was OUR PENSION MONEY [he has neaver paid any thing towards morgage bills etc while living in my property we are now seperated [he also owes me 2,000 for my old car he bought from me children grown up though disabled and living with me they are both registered disabled so o am still supporting them i work and earn 22,000 stbx 30,000 STBX IS GOING TO CARRY ON RENTING OUT HIS FLAT AND BUY ANOTHER PROPERTY DO I HAVE ANY CLAIM ON HIS FLAT AS HE COULDNT AFFORD THIS FLAT IF I WOULDNT HAVE KEPT HIM STBX SAYS THE FLAT IS HIS [BUT WHAT ABOUT IT BEING OUR PENSION MONEY ADVICE PLEASE:dry: :(

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Mar 08 #15761 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
Blue girl,

Don't worry about all the complexities of his flat verses your house etc and whose name they are in.

It will all get put into a big pot and split between you.

If you continue to care for your grown up disabled kids then the court will see that you have the greater needs and will award you a greater share of the assets.

Perhaps 60 to 70 percent.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.