A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

The best option for all???

  • rikki15
  • rikki15's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 Mar 08 #15716 by rikki15
Topic started by rikki15
Hi everyone. I’ve been visiting these forums for weeks now and can see there's many on here who like me have suffered recent pain and heartache. I wish you all the best.

My question…..My wife and I split almost two yrs ago with no one else involved (still amicable). Since then I have happily been paying the mortgage and a couple of hundred pounds on top for anything she made need for our 3 kids. About a year ago she met someone new and wants to move him in TFH but feels guilty as I am still paying the mortgage and to be honest I would find it emotionally difficult to pay with him living there anyway.

I have offered them the chance to buy out my half of the equity and let them take over the house once the latest term is up. I then relinquish any claim to the house. I would of course increase what I was paying in maintenance to cover some of her loss of income from me.

I assume if she went to the CSA I would have to pay the mortgage on top of maintenance anyway so hopefully this is the best option for both of us. I can move on in my life without such a big financial burden and she can move him in guilt free, get on with their lives and the home is safe for our kids.
Is this the right thing to? :(

  • ambeljazz
  • ambeljazz's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
04 Mar 08 #15721 by ambeljazz
Reply from ambeljazz
Hi rikki,

The CSA will only calculate maintenance payments for the children. They do not get involved with anything else.
Your ex wife is not automatically entitled to any additional maintenance from you - especially if she has a new partner to support her!!

Hope this helps?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.